This Vegan Ginger Carrot Soup is part of a collaboration with 7 other vegan YouTubers – Soup-er Vegan Soups!
I adapted this recipe from The Splendid Table’s Carrot Ginger Soup recipe.
Ginger Carrot Soup
Author: Michelle E. Johnson
Recipe type: Soup
Makes: 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pound carrots, chopped
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh peeled ginger
- 14-ounce can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the carrots, broth, orange juice and ginger; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat.
- Puree with immersion blender or let cool for 15 minutes and blend in a blender, until very smooth.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and stir in the coconut milk, lemon juice, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Reheat the soup over medium heat until hot.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve.
Check out the Other Vegan Soups
Split Pea Sweet Potato Soup
Creamy Potato Curry Soup
Filipino Rice Porridge
Soft Pretzel Bites
Vegetable Lentil Stew
Red Lentil Coconut Curry
Lentil Soup with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Spinach