August 31, 2015
We’re excited to see Non-GMO Project Verified participants in Baltimore this September for the Natural Products Expo East. Drop by our booth (#1148) to say hello to our team!If you would like to plan a one-on-one meeting with a member of our staff, contact them soon since schedules are already filling. Below is a list of non-GMO events at Expo East that may be valuable to participants:
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
- Non-GMO Series: How Retailers and Brands Can Build Trust Through Transparency
- 11:00 AM – 12:15 PM, Room 301
- As consumers increasingly become concerned about what is in their food, brands and retailers have the opportunity to deepen shopper engagement and trust through GMO transparency. This session will explore the risk and rewards of transparency, give real examples of how brands and retailers have succeeded with their transparency initiatives, and explore how transparency can build a rapport with consumers that extends beyond store walls to the highly visible world of social media. Executive Director of the Non-GMO Project Megan Westgate will lead this discussion.
- Non-GMO Series: GMO Policy Roundup – A National and State Legislative Update
- 12:45 PM- 2:00 PM, Room 301
- Non-GMO policy and regulation changes are occurring at breakneck speed in the United States. 2015 has been filled with news of the DARK Act, new state labeling laws, biotech regulation overhauls and the introduction of federal non-GMO certification programs.Colin O’Neil (Center for Food Safety), Tara Cook-Littman (Citizens for GMO Labeling) and Scott Faber (Environmental Working Group) will use this session to provide an overview of everything you need to know as it relates to state and federal non-GMO policy in the United States. When you leave this session, you will have a better understanding of the latest and most pressing non-GMO regulatory issues that are important for the industry, consumers and for your company to act on.
- Non-GMO Series: The Real Reason We Need GMO Labeling
- 2:30 PM- 3:45 PM, Room 301
- Happy Hour, hosted by Where Food Comes From
- 5:30 PM- 7 PM, Pratt Street Ale House
- Highlighting Non-GMO Project Verified, Gluten Free, Global Animal Partnership, and USDA Organic
Prior to the start of the show, Non-GMO Project staff will deliver posters to Verified brand participants to showcase brand status in the Non-GMO Project Verified program.This page will be updated, as events are added and new information becomes available. Be sure to refer to the official Expo East website to confirm event details.