Another perfect dish for the summer heat. Make it a meal by eating with with rice or on a salad. Throw in some spinach too! You’re gonna love the tanginess of the balsamic and the savory notes from the herbs.
Source: Goya, adapted
Balsamic Chickpea Salad
Author: Michelle E. Johnson
Recipe type: Salad
Makes: 5 cups
- 2, 15.5 ounce cans Goya Chick Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper (about 1 pepper)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber (about 1 medium cucumber)
- ¼ cup chopped red onion (about ½ of a small onion)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Pour beans and vegetables into a large bowl.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- Pour the dressing over the beans and vegetables and stir until everything is coated and the vegetables and beans are evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate overnight.